Leading research activities
- Creative breeding of fruit trees and bushes, especially apple rootstocks, apple cultivars, blackcurrants and strawberries.
- Obtaining and maintaining virus-free cultivars and rootstocks, propagation and distribution of virus-free nuclear stocks.
- Protection of genetic resources of fruit trees, bushes and ornamental plants.
- Evaluation of biological and productive values of new cultivars.
- Improvement of fruit quality by regulation of tree growth and fruiting.
- Development of integrated production of apples, strawberries and currants.
- Evaluation of fruit processing quality, improvement of processing and storage technologies.
- Control of pests and diseases in orchards with minimum usage of pesticides.
- Improvement of technical implements for fruit production.
- Fruit crop management and nutrition as enhanced on proecological fertilization as well as rhizosphere properties
- Studies on economical conditions of adaptation of Polish fruit and ornamental plant production to European Community.
- Application of biotechnology techniques to fruit tree research.
- Integrated production of ornamental plants under covers.
- Improving proecological ornamental plant production in the open field.
- Seed production and storage. Theoretical and practical aspects.
- Bee breeding.
- Improvement of bee products collection, conservation and storage.
- Introduction of bumblebee and wild bees for plant pollination.
- Extension of research results among growers and horticultural societies.